Health News for the Well-Read Patient
Please click the links below to read the full article.
- A Quick Spin on Dizziness, Vertigo and Other Balance Disorders November 20, 2017
Common, rarely life-threatening, but very unsettling, an attack of dizziness or vertigo can send your world into a spin with simple acts like turning around to back up a car, bending down to tie a shoe or looking up at the sky. A range of sensations may keep you off balance, ...
- The Connected Patient: Keeping Up with Apps March 14, 2017
The ubiquitous smart phone has boosted its useful- ness tenfold in the past decade with a mushrooming library of health and wellness apps. Some aim to help you monitor your condition day-to-day, understand and stay on track with medications, or diagnose your symptoms, while others prepare you for an unforeseen emergency, ...
- Gut Instincts: Can More Bacteria Mean Better Health? March 14, 2017
Healthy bacteria may seem like a contradiction in terms, but years of research and real world experience point toward an unexpectedly promising finding: the microorganisms continually forming in your intestine may confer health benefits that we are only just beginning to understand. Here is what we know: each of us has ...
- Try a New Approach to Food in the New Year: Stop Dieting and Focus on Mindful Eating March 13, 2017
The dieting-overeating-weight regain cycle is almost inevitable, not because people fail diets but because diets fail people. It is important to understand that rebound overeating happens to almost everybody, and should not be viewed as an individual weakness or fault. The main reason diets do not work over the long term ...
- Summer/Fall 2016 Newsletter September 13, 2016
The Summer/Fall 2016 newsletter features articles on opioids, blood pressure and sodium reduction.
- The Zika Virus: Prevention is the First Line of Defense August 22, 2016
As the Zika virus continues to make headlines daily, it is essential to know who is at risk, how it is transmitted and most importantly, to understand strategies for prevention. Following are the latest findings on Zika, according to experts at the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health ...
- Spring 2016 Newsletter May 15, 2016
The Spring 2016 newsletter includes a continuation of our series on aging with an article on keeping skin in the best condition possible; an article about keeping joints flexible and pain free; and the nutrition corner takes a look at natural/organic foods.
- Winter 2016 Newsletter February 10, 2016
The Winter 2016 newsletter features articles on calcium, the senses of taste and smell, and healthy eating guidelines depicted with MyPlate.
- Fall 2015 Newsletter November 4, 2015
The fall 2015 newsletter features articles on the healthy aging brain, plantar fasciitis and healthy holiday eating.
Click here to read the fall 2015 newsletter.
- Get your flu shot…Not the flu September 29, 2015